Technical Notes and Product Information
PepTenChip® is a Biochip for the next generation used for characterization of proteins
①Biomolecular recognition is structures to structures
②Proteins can be mimicked by peptides.
③Peptides can be designed and synthesized.
④Peptides can make 3D-structures.
⑤The PepTenChip® system does not involve only detection of specific molecules (such as markers) in a 1:1 manner, but also unknown and surrogate markers responsible to diseases can be clarified.
⑥The detection principle is the differences in fluorescent intensity change of capture peptides caused by analytes.
⑦The structural change of the analyte-peptide interaction is reflected in the fluorescent-intensity changes of the capture molecules in a dose dependent manner (PAT: JP-US-EU).
⑧PepTenChip®, a sensor device, discriminates 3D-structures of proteins
⑨The novel chip material made from amorphous carbon has been developed, which has significant advantages over conventional glass slides (PAT & PAT.P).
⑩The PepTenChip® plates are suitable also for array consisting of DNA, sugar, antibody, antigen and low molecular compounds.
⑪The basic chemical modification of our surface is through a carboxyl group and further derivatization to amino group, bromoacetyl group, succinimide ester, maleimide or biotin-streptavidin is easily achieved.
⑫The protein can be identified through a data base by the protein fingerprint method (Informatics).
- In conventional methods analytes should be labeled, although in the PepTenChip® System capture molecules are labeled. After application of samples washing is not necessary.
- Unlike proteins, peptides can be used after dried. One of advantages in industrial production and higher throughput, saving costs, easier delivery. Mol. BioSys., 2, 113, 2006
- Arrayed capture molecules of PepTenChip® are designed peptides, which had been synthesized, purified and characterized. Additionally recognition can be structurally optimized.
- Chip material: The novel material made from amorphous carbon has been developed for biochips, which has significant advantages over conventional glass slides as summarized in the next table. (PAT & PAT.P)
- No self-fluorescence
- Chemically inert
- Higher thermal & electric conductivity
- It can be used as a sample tray of MALDI-TOF-MS
- Environmentally friendly (regeneration is easy)
- Grinding Flatness (<10 micron)
- Extremely low back ground
- Lowest non-specific adsorption
- Mechanically stable (easy handling)
- Higher stability (storage/transport)
- Uniformed distribution of functional groups (higher reproducibility)
- Higher reproducibility + sensitivity for protein detection
- Many surface chemistry (derivatization with vaiety of functional groups
- Patented method for Quality control: determination of surface amino groups
- Portable, Maintenance free, Easy handling, Space saving
- Scientific CMOS camera
- Image capture software
- LED Excitation
- Filters can be selected by Fluorescent dyes
- Suitable for Bio-Safety-Labs 3 or 4
Bio-molecular Recognition using Biochip → Medical examination
Research tools, safety control for food, agricultural chemicals, environmental analyses, diagnosis, early detection and prevention of disease, home medical care, on-site examination
- Glycopeptide array showed a different response to the toxin protein. Depending on the type of sugar is different reactivity of the protein. This technology may contribute to the safety inspection of food.
- In world-wide no technologies similar to PepTenChip® are envisaged. Material and surface chemistry are unique.
- Products: chips, related equipment, contract based biodetection and arrays
- Related articles and technical data can be downloaded from HiPep website